Monday, January 28, 2008

Our wild night!

Instead of going clubbing at one of the Nile Hilton's clubs, Charlie came over to the hostel and we have not moved since.

We are spending the night taking pictures of each other and singing Hebrew songs (softly). Sara is serenading us, accompanying herself on guitar.

Charlie and Sara are singing their 8th grade graduation song. No, they didn't graduate from the same school - they're just Jewish :)

If Alisa, Charlie, Sara and I could find a nice cheap apartment together, I would be one happy bint!

Charlie says "And we'd be one happy osra!"

Also, he claims that he is starting a blog, but I am skeptical. Though he does have a killer name already picked out - "What Charlie Sphinx"



Okay, update. We have now adapted some popular tunes.

To be sung to the tune of "the M.T.A. Song":

Now let me tell you a story of a man named Charlie
On this tragic and fateful day
He put 10 piasters in his pocket and kissed his wife and family
Went to the ride on the metro

Chorus:
But did he ever return? No, he never returned
And his fate is still unlearned
He may ride forever through the streets of Cairo
He's the man who never returned

Charlie handed his ginee at Anwar Sadat Station
And he changed for Mohandiseen
When he got there the conductor told him, "One more piaster!"
Charlie couldn't get off that train (chorus)

Now all night long Charlie rides cross the Nile
Saying what will become of me?
How can I afford to see my friends in Zamalek
Or my habibti in Dokki? (chorus)

Charlie's wife goes down to Midan Tahrir
Every day at hamza'tasher lee itnayn
And through the broken window she hands Charlie falafel
As the train comes rumblin' through (chorus)

Now you citizens of Cairo, don't you think it is a scandal
That the people have to pay and pay?
Fight the fare increase, vote for Hosni Mubarak
And get Charlie off the me-e-troo! (chorus)

1 comment:

Abraham said...

yes, i will be commenting every post. it's great. the hebrew songs "quietly" part made me laugh hysterically. i could see that happening to me if i go. uh.. i wanna be there with you.

BRANDEIS MISSES YOU AND LOVES YOUUUUUUU.